Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What to do today, April 18th

Hello my darlings!

So, hopefully, you've devoured, savored, and digested the information I gave you on Monday and are ready to move on. I know I am! Simply enough, you need to read. Hopefully, that lucky, lucky professional that luckily lucked into my spot for the day has already given you your well-loved (read 'battered') Norton Anthology of English Literature, Vol. 1. If not, run into the room and get one RIGHT NOW!!! If so, saunter gallantly back into the room, get comfy, and read it from page one through page 19, the introduction to a little period I like to call "The Middle Ages."

And there was much rejoicing... "yea." Be wary, however, young questors, for many perils await you on your journey. There's the faulty binding, the ethereally thin pages, the tiny typeface, the sub-standard K-Martesque lighting, the intentionally obscure references and the dense yet dry prose style much like a hardwood jungle from the Amazon basin, petrified, kilned in the boiler room of a giant intercontinental freighter on it way to its eternal home in the middle of the Sahara in a sand storm... You know, dense and dry. Let me see... hmmm... I know there's one more peril... Blast! What is it? Ah yes, Friday's test. That's it. Enjoy!

No comments: